Welcome to SiteLite 1.5
(You should consider upgrading ?
Check out version 3.)
- is a program for generating and maintaining web sites.
- matches your knowledge of html, from novice to expert.
- is based on a script, rather than on an integrated development environment.
SiteLite generates a site based on a script file that describes the structure of the site.
- is based on exchangeable templates with tags for inserting blocks with
- uses no databases or special server functions. All files are in text format and may be inspected and manipulated by any editor at any time.
- invites you to separate layout and structure from content.
You write your content in simple html- or textpages,
and leaves it to SiteLite to move this content into copies of the templates.
- has an almost unlimited amount of flexibility in layout. You may redefine
the templates completely and you may use stylesheets.
- present your site with frames or not, and you
may switch between the two approaches simply by changing one
character in the script file.
- has a default layout like the one you are looking at now,
but may look almost any way you want.
- has tools for detecting and repairing dead links.
- has a general site-wide replace mechanism.
- produces table of contents and indexes automatically
- is, at least at the moment, a free program.